Sunday, January 09, 2005

Hello from NY

I made it to the big city! WOOHOO! Almost half way to Senegal. I've spent my day touring around Manhattan. I went to ground zero where the twin towers used to be... it's hard to imagine the reality of 9/11 in that empty part of the city.
After walking around ground zero, I saw something tall and gold, which I assumed to be the torch in the hand of the statue of liberty, so I just starting walking toward it. After randomly walking through China town I decided to ask if I was heading in the right direction. Well a man informed me I was walking in the exact opposite direction, but from our conversation he suggested I hop on the Staton Island Ferry to get a good look at the statue of liberty. This might have been the highlight of my day. Drinking hot chocholate on the ferry and looking out at the skyline of NY city and seeing the statue of liberty. Right now I'm in Times Square... I feel like a little kid caught up in all the business of the city. I like the ambiance of this area. Alright I'm off to the airport. I really have no idea what to expect the next time I step of the plane in Senegal, but I'm really looking forward to it.

May God bless all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home