Friday, February 18, 2005

Thoughts

I feel like I should have some profound insight or at least a good story every time I write, but today I’m not feeling it. This whole week I feel like I’ve been living my routine just like I would have a routine anywhere else. Most things seem familiar to me; all the cultural differences that intrigued me with its newness have been incorporated into what I view to be normal life. I feel like I should be noting everything and somehow registering it so that it will forever remain a part of me, but maybe just the fact that I live my routine here with joy and with the normal ups and downs is a way that I am allowing this experience to form me. There are certain little moments that would seem to insignificant if I tried to explain them and yet they are moments I never want to forget. Yesterday it was playing with baby Khady and watching her facial expressions, as she was completely entertained as we played together. I realize that the fact that I hardly ever know what she’s saying isn’t much of a barrier between us. When I go back to the U.S., I question what will keep everything close to my heart and not let it fade. What will keep me from diving right back into my routine at school, from always being busy and from putting the people and experiences here on a page in a memory book? I’m not really sure, but I believe the answer is in God. I pray that in my actions, my words, my thoughts and my prayers that I respect all that I am learning here and all the friendships and people I have encountered and created.

P.S. For everyone’s knowledge it’s JP’s birthday tomorrow (this is the boy of my dreams and just so happens to be my boyfriend too). HAPPY BIRTHDAY JP! I’d be more elaborate than that but I think I covered all the sentimental love-y stuff in the letter I sent you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home