Monday, January 10, 2005

Yes that's right... I'm in SENEGAL!

I've had my feet on the African ground for two hours. Right now I'm realizing that this experience will be truly foriegn, perhaps more so than I had expected. From the pictures I have seen of Dakar, I thought it might have a feel like being in a developed country, but I see that it's not. Which I believe is a good reality to base this experience in. Donkies, people, cars, buses packed with students all share the street in what appears to be chaos to me, but most likely not for the locals. The driver from CRS was at the airport and he brought me to my host family. Though I can't remember there names yet, there's the father, mother and three kids ages 3,5 and 7. I think my host family will be one of the biggest blessings here. I am going to enjoy the challenge of adjusting to a much more simple life style. Right now I'm at the CRS office. I've been introduced to everyone, which is a bunch of smiling and french that my tired brain is attempting to manage. Part of me is thinking, "what the heck am I doing here?" But I just smile at this and figure God has a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home