Thursday, January 13, 2005

Quality Day

Good day today ! I wondered around the city on my own. I enjoy exploring by myself. It allows me to be in my own thoughts and enveloped by the surroundings. My random meandering also led me to meet a few locals. During lunch I had a conversation with some fellow Senegalese and they taught me some phrases in Wolof.

Asslaloumou Aleykoum = the common greeting
Malekoum Salem = the reply (these might actually be arabic)
Ndaga def = How are you
Ndaga yeudo = Good evening

I make everyone write it down so I can remember. This evening I’m off to watch a movie at the cinema and then attempt to make it home. Transportation here is pretty chaotic and not always dependable. I live about 9 miles from downtown and it can take up to 50 minutes to reach the CRS office.

Oh I do have to mention that I jump-roped with Lantoro and Bineta yesterday. It was a good bonding activity that I believe will be continued. Alright I’m off.

La paix sois avec toi !

1 Comments:

At February 8, 2005 at 2:11 PM, Blogger Imaginer said...

What is the transportation like in Senegal? Are taxis plenty? Are there city buses like in Seattle or small mini buses with hot packed bodies crammed inside? It sounds like there is some infostructure to your city. In Ghana everything was on GMT or Ghana meandering time. In other words, being on time or adhering to a schedual was unheard of, even for church. You have tv, work out equiptment on the beach and cinemas. Is life totally different for the people outside of the city?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home