Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Silent Moment

I woke up this morning discouraged and in need of simply time to myself and of silence, but I’ve found those are both rare commodities here in Dakar. All I could do was ask God for some intervention and well, he did just that. I went for a run from my office and found a road that follows the coastline of the peninsula that extends out from the downtown area. No taxies, or breathing in exhaust or dodging people and cars, just a fairly quiet road with some restaurants and occasional people. I greeted everyone in Wolof, which make us both smile and the best part is that I came across a pier that extended out into the ocean so I walked out there, got a look at some of the fish people were catching and then sat down, listened to the waves hit the pier, enjoyed the sun shining down and thanked God for granting me my prayer.

Not only this on my way back I stopped to stretch and met a student from the university here and we’re going to have lunch tomorrow. So today could also be the start to a new friendship. This morning I couldn’t see how this day would turn out, but I put my hope in God and that’s exactly where it was meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home