Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Doing Laundry

Yesterday I attempted to wash my own laundry… I’m really going to think twice about this next time I try to attempt it. The first challenge was convincing the women of the house that I could do it, seeing it’s done the old fashioned way here with buckets of water and your own two hands. I was the obstacle for all to see and the cause of laughter. I was told many times what I wasn’t doing it right, even from the 7 year old. I’m telling you they have high standards for clean clothes here. I’m used to the SU washer and dryer where your just-washed clothes still have remains of dirt, but sometimes if you don’t overload they at least smell better. That college norm does not work here. Right now I’m typing with raw knuckles, but by God my clothes are clean, cleaner than they’ve been in a long time.

I had lunch with Cheik (the student I met yesterday) this afternoon. I bet the people I meet don’t realize they are talked about online. Should I be using fake names? Oops… oh well. I think I’ve reeled in a friend…. yes that’s right I have a Senegalese friend. Some of you who I went to France with might understand this feeling of accomplishment when you make a local buddy. That’s all for now. God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home